For my crock pot meal this week….
This recipe is from my mom’s friend, Mike. The man is an amazing chef. I can’t believe I’ve never posted it before. If you want to serve food that tastes like it came from a restaurant but don’t have time to fix it–let the crock pot get your back on this one!! You’ll be glad you did.
Cooks 4 to 6 hours on LOW depending on crock pot. Serves 3 to 4.
What you’ll need:
3 to 4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup–98% fat-free
5 dollops (or tablespoons) of real sour cream
1/2 cup shredded apple smoked cheddar (or whatever kind of cheddar you prefer)
How to cook it:
1. Place chicken in crock pot.
2. Mix soup and sour cream together.
3. Smear over chicken, making sure you cover it all.
4. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours. Check it at 4 hours. You don’t want it to be dry.
5. Turn off, shred cheese and let sit until cheese melts.
6. Serve over rice.
(It will be too rich if you don’t use the 98% fat-free. It’s rich enough as it is.) So rich in fact, it tasted as if it came out on a tray served by a waiter. (That would be me.) It was so good— I served it to his mother. Enough said.