My mom told me about this recipe. Her friend told her about it. I do believe that is how the best recipes are born, aren’t they?
This is so simple you can memorize it and never have to use this recipe again!
Serves 7 to 8. Cook for 5 hours.
What you’ll need:
1 jar sauerkraut, any brand
1 package pork loin
3 or 4 potatoes
Small container of applesauce; I use the no sugar added and it’s sweet enough for me, my husband prefers the original. This fall when apples are in season, I’m going to try to make my own–in the crock pot, of course!
How to Cook It:
1. Position sauerkraut around pork loin in crock pot.
3. Cut up 3 or 4 potatoes into quarters and throw them in. (Yukon tastes best, but any kind will do.)
4. Cook on LOW for 5 hours; crock pots may vary. Meat and potatoes should both be tender when done.
5. Serve with a side of applesauce sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
End Result: This is such a quick meal to make and super flavorful. The sweet of the applesauce plays perfectly with the sourness of the sauerkraut. Ideal to cook while you’re running errands and picking up the kids from after school activities or having friends over for dinner. Be prepared for someone to ask for seconds!
- Rosemary and Garlic Pork Loin Roast (nativerecipes.wordpress.com)
- What Else Can I Do With Boneless Pork Loin Chops? Good Questions (thekitchn.com)
- Crock-Pot Round Up (suddenlyfrugal.com)